The Finer Details
Frequently Asked Question
How is judging done?
Judging will commence immediately after the floor is cleared of competitors and equipment. Models must remain on the competition floor.
When are the closing dates?
Closing date for submission of entries for the ALFAPARF Milano Fantastic Salon, Fantastic Hairdresser, Fantastic Marketing and Inixia Photographic Awards October 5th 2018.
When is registration closing date?
Closing date for registering all other entries is 12th October 2018.
Do the models have to remain in attire during the event?
The finalists in each competition category will be called onstage with their model. Please note that all models must be wearing competition attire to collect their awards, including head pieces.
Will theRE be changes to the schedule?
The starting time for all categories is approximate. Please check with the organisers on the day.
Is there an appeal process if I am not happy with results?
Judges’ decisions are final.
Is my equipment insurance during the event?
Xpert Professional accept NO responsibility for goods left on the premises.
How strictly enforced are the rules?
Penalty points will be deducted from competitors who do not observe the rules. Only one model per competitor in each of the categories.
What happens if I am late?
Please arrive no later than 1 hour before scheduled start time of competition. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Can I use my own brands?
Any non ALFAPARF Milano products used on the competition floor will be confiscated and replaced with an ALFAPARF Milano equivalent.
At what time do I have to arrive?
Entrants are asked to check in one hour before competition start times.
Do I need to provide a hard copy of my picture for the INIXIA award or can I email it in?
A hard copy of the entry submission is not required.
The salon I work for is not an ALFAPARF client, can I still enter the competition? If so, how do I go about it?
You do not have to be an ALFAPARF Milano client to enter the competition, but you do have to use ALFAPARF Milano colour and styling products during the competition.
I am currently unemployed but would like to enter the competition, is that possible? How do I do it?
The competition is open to those who are not currently employed by a salon.
If I enter the competition, do I get free tickets for the show? How many?
Competition Entry includes one show and after party ticket for the entrant and one show and after party ticket for the entrant’s model.
My boss wants to come to watch me compete, is there a viewing area?
Yes, there is a viewing area in the competition arena.
I’m not competing, how do I get tickets for the award show?
Non competitors are welcome to attend.
Are washing facilities available?
Due to space restrictions, we unfortunately do not have a washing area available during the competitions.
Are there discount accommodation rates available in any hotels?
Are discounted rates available at any other local hotels?
This year the Awards Committee are not managing hotel bookings.
Will there be an after party?
We are delighted to announce that there will once again be an after party. Full details can be found here.
The ALFAPARF Milano ‘INIXIA’ Photographic Award: The Rules
- Only ALFAPARF Milano colours and styling products may be used in entries submitted for this category. Entrants using other colour or styling products will be disqualified.
- No wigs to be used but extensions and pieces are exceptable.
- More than one employee per salon can participate but only one entry per person is permitted.
- Hairstyle and colour must be in focus and clearly visible on the image.
- Model must be minimum age of 18.
- The organisers and judges reserve the right to question any images which appear to be digitally enhanced.
- No black and white images.
- Images do not have to be head and shoulder only, but they must focus on the hair, especially in terms of lighting and pose.
- All work is accepted in good faith. Instant disqualification will apply to any candidates who do not adhere fully to the rules.]
- ALFAPARF Milano Ireland has the exclusive first option on all images submitted.
- ALFAPARF Milano retains exclusivity of the finalist images submitted, until December 1st, 2019.
- ALFAPARF Milano retains exclusivity of the submitted winning image until December 1st, 2019.
- The deadline for entries is final. Entries will NOT be accepted after the stated date and time.
- During the judging process, the images will be assigned a number.
- The images will be judged without knowing the entrant’s name, to ensure anonymity.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.