Fantastic Salon Award
This business award recognises excellence, commercial acumen and overall “flair” in individual salons. It recognises and rewards the revolutionary strategy, profit-focused and committed teams, delighted customers and unique marketing activities that are at the heart of successful salons.
Registrations is now closed.
Don’t miss your chance to join in on the celebrations on October 20th and buy your tickets today.
How To Enter:
Entrants must submit a complete portfolio that clearly answers all criteria listed below.
Portfolios can be submitted by email (email@example.com) OR in hard copy format by REGISTERED POST to our academy, at the address below: Attention: Laura Aylward, ACCADEMIA,26-29 Old Kilmainham, Kilmainham, Dublin 8
Submission deadline is end of business (5:30PM) on Friday 20th Septemer 2019. This deadline is final. No extensions will be considered.
Salon submissions will be reviewed by a fully independent judging panel, composed of leading figures from the Irish and International hairdressing and business communities. A shortlist of salons will be nominated to proceed to the grand finale, to be held in Dublin on October 20th.
The second (final) round of judging will comprise of “mystery customers”, who may visit or call nominated salons, where appropriate. Please note that interviews may be conducted as part of the judging process.
After the selection round, successful salons will be notified (no later than October 10th 2019) and invited to participate in the grand finale. Please note that successful salons may be required to honour a free cut & blow dry or a mystery shopper voucher, on selection to go forward to the second round of judging.
Finalists will be asked to supply an image (to firstname.lastname@example.org) for use at the awards ceremony. The image must be good quality (300dpi) and depict the entrant and/or the salon.
Please note: All entries will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be viewed by the judging panel only. All submissions will be destroyed after the awards ceremony. They will not be returned to you.
ALFAPARF Milano Fantastic Salon AWard
The aim of this award is to recognise excellence in salon management and evidence of strong business acumen in the Hairdressing Industry.
This category is open to any salon that has been trading for at least two years on the 1st July 2019. For salon groups, please note that individual salons, as opposed to salon groups, are assessed. As such, all submitted information should pertain to an individual salon only. More than one salon may be entered from a group, however each salon will be judged on an individual basis in the competition. Please email a photo of your salon and your team to email@example.com.
Judgement criteria for this award centre on the five pillars of a Fantastic Salon. All entries must therefore include the following information:
For All the Latest News & View!
Tag and follow us
In no more than 400 words, please tell us about your salon, its history and why you think your salon should win this award.
Delight (based on last 12 months)
- What is your key company objective and why do you want to achieve it?
- Please provide evidence of the following information from July to June 2017-18 and from July to June 2018-19.
- Your salon average weekly client count for the period requested (please note this is ‘clients’ not ‘services’. e.g. a client having both cut and colour services only counts as one in the client count).
- Your salon average bill for the periods requested.
- Your salon overall sales for the periods requested.
- Please give examples and evidence of what action you are taking to achieve your objective, and demonstrate how you are adopting innovative and creative strategies to achieve this?
Focus on profit
- Give examples and evidence of how you ‘focus’ on profit, in your business.
- What is your profit target (express as a percentage)?
- What percentage profit did you achieve in the periods July to June 2017-18 and from July to June 2018-19
- Please give reasons as to why you did or did not achieve your profit target (please be honest, not achieving your target will not, on its own, affect your chances of winning this award.)
A Committed Team
Please supply the following information, examples and evidence of:
- The communication structure within your salon.
- Company standards, how they link to your team objectives and how you communicate, monitor and enforce them.
- Training programmes.
- Success generated by this training.
- The way you motivate your team.
- How this motivation has led to the achievement of your and
your team’s objectives.
Please supply the following information:
- Evidence of your customer delight standards.
- Evidence of how many new clients have visited the salon in the two successive periods July to June 2017-18 and from July to June 2018-19.
- Examples and evidence of customer delight initiatives.
- Examples and evidence of how you measure customer delight. Please include 3 verifiable testimonials from clients of the salon -verifiable by either mobile phone number or e-mail address.
Please supply the following details of:
- Your online marketing strategy and key goals and objectives underlying this strategy.
- Examples and evidence of your marketing strategy over the last 12 months.
- Examples and evidence of how you measure your marketing activity.
- Examples and evidence of how your marketing is unique, innovative and creative.
Have you got your tickets?
Are you going to the ALFAPARF Milano Fantastic Hairdresser awards? REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED and all of our contestants are preparing for the big day. Be sure to join in on the excitement and get your tickets today!
FANTASTIC Salon AWARD
Subscribe To Our Mailing ListJoin our mailing list to get the latest updates, tips and insights from previous winners.
Download the 2019 Brochure
Download the 2019 ALFAPARF Milano Fantastic Hairdresser Awards Brochure. This will tell you all you need know to successfully apply for the award of your choice.
+353 (01) 672 5960 firstname.lastname@example.org
The ALFAPARF Hair Academy, 26A Old Kilmainham Rd, Dublin 8, Co. Dublin