FANTASTIC HAIRDRESSER AWARD WINNER IS
Occasions Hairdressing, Naas
Top 2 Finalists for the FANTASTIC HAIRDRESSER AWARD were
Lisa Eccles – Zinc Hair & Beauty, Dublin
Ciara Daly – Ikon Hair Design, Cork
The overall standard has been of an astounding quality and the selection process was indeed a most difficult task this year!
Thank you for your participation and we look forward to seeing you go one step further next year.
The aim of this award was to recognise the excellence, commitment and passion of individual hairdressers working in the Hairdressing industry on the Island of Ireland.
This category was open to any individual hairdresser who had been qualified for at least 12 months on the 1st of July 2017. This award was be judged using the 7 characteristics of a Fantastic Hairdresser. Submissions included the following headings
In no more than 500 words, candidates told us about themselves, their careers and passion for hairdressing and why they thought they should win.
- Giving evidence of their average weekly client count.
- Giving evidence of their weekly new client count.
- Giving evidence of their weekly client request count.
- Giving evidence of their weekly pre-booking figures.
Candidates gave evidence of the following:
- Evidence of how many “perfect clients” they achieved per week.
- They stated if they didn’t measure this in salon
- How many colour clients they achieved per week (if their salon uses technicians, they were requested to show how many of their clients would have a colour service), as a % of their client total?
- How many clients had a treatment per week, as a % of their client total.
- How many people bought a haircare product from them, as a % of their client total.
- Candidates included a submission from their salon owner as to why they were an ambassador for the salon and their industry, in no more than 400 words.
- They told us what they love about the haircare industry and what they think needs to change for it to improve.
- They told us about 3 people who inspired them and give reasons why -at least 2 should have been from the hairdressing industry.
- What professional activities had they been involved in within the past 12 months (shows, competitions, photographic sessions, etc).
- What was the nature of their involvement)?
- Included 3 testimonials from their clients – verifiable by either mobile phone number or e-mail address.
- ALIVE INSIDE
Please give examples of how you motivate yourself consistently to succeed.
Please tell us what your future goals are for yourself within the industry, and give relevant examples or evidence of what you are doing to achieve these goals.
- ALWAYS LEARNING
- Gave evidence of any training courses and programmes attended in the last 12 months and tell us what they felt they achieved and learnt from them.
- Indicated what training courses they will be attending in the next 6 months.
- Told us about any other courses, books, or other mediums they used to develop yourself – these do not have to be industry specific.
Please note that all entries were be treated in the strictest confidence and were be viewed by the judging panel only.