FANTASTIC HAIRDRESSER AWARD
The aim of this award is to recognise the excellence, commitment and passion of individual hairdressers working in the Hairdressing industry on the Island of Ireland.
This category is open to any individual hairdresser who has been qualified for at least 12 months on the 1st of July 2017. This award will be judged using the 7 characteristics of a Fantastic Hairdresser. Submissions must include the following headings
Please tell us about yourself, your career, your passion for hairdressing and why you think you should win this award, in no more than 500 words.
- Give evidence of your average weekly client count.
- Give evidence of your weekly new client count.
- Give evidence of your weekly client request count.
- Give evidence of your weekly pre-booking figures.
Please give evidence of the following:
- Please give evidence of how many “perfect clients” you achieve per week.
- Please state if you don’t measure this in salon. If you don’t, please give evidence of:
- How many colour clients you achieve per week (if your salon uses technicians, please show how many of your clients would have a colour service), as a % of your client total?
- How many clients have a treatment per week, as a % of your client total.
- How many people buy a haircare product from you, as a % of your client total.
- Please include a submission from your salon owner as to why you are an ambassador for the salon and your industry, in no more than 400 words.
- Please tell us what you love about the haircare industry and what you think needs to change for it to improve.
- Please tell us about 3 people who inspire you and give reasons why -at least 2 should be from the hairdressing industry.
- What professional activities have you been involved in within the past12 months (shows, competitions, photographic sessions, etc).
- What was the nature of your involvement)?
- Please include 3 testimonials from your clients – verifiable by either mobile phone number or e-mail address.
- ALIVE INSIDE
Please give examples of how you motivate yourself consistently to succeed.
Please tell us what your future goals are for yourself within the industry, and give relevant examples or evidence of what you are doing to achieve these goals.
- ALWAYS LEARNING
- Please give evidence of any training courses and programmes attended in the last 12 months and tell us what you feel you achieved and learnt from them.
- Please indicate what training courses you will be attending in the next 6 months.
- Please tell us about any other courses, books, or other mediums you use to develop yourself – these do not have to be industry specific.
Please note that all entries will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be viewed by the judging panel only.
Please also note that all submissions will be destroyed after the awards ceremony. They will not be returned to you.