There are two Business categories in the ALFAPARF MILANO FANTASTIC HAIRDRESSER AWARDS, with the ALFAPARF MILANO FANTASTIC SALON for best commercial salon and ALFAPARF MILANO FANTASTIC HAIRDRESSER for the best commercial hairdresser.
The ALFAPARF MILANO Fantastic Salon Award
This business award recognises excellence, commercial acumen and overall “flair” in individual salons. It recognises and rewards the revolutionary strategy, profit-focused and committed teams, delighted customers and unique marketing activities that are at the heart of successful salons.
The aim of this award to recognise excellence in salon management and evidence of strong business acumen in the Hairdressing Industry.
This category is open to any salon that has been trading for at least 2 years on the 1st of July 2016. For salon groups, please note that individual salons, as opposed to salon groups, are assessed. As such, all submitted information should pertain to an individual salon only. More than one salon may be entered from a group, however each salon will be judged on an individual basis in the competition.
Judgement criteria for this award centre on the 5 pillars of a Fantastic Salon. All entries must therefore include the following information:
Opening Statement: In no more than 400 words, please tell us about your salon, its history and why you think your salon should win this award.
- REVOLUTIONARY STRATEGY
- What is your key company objective and why do you want to achieve it?
- Please provide evidence of the following information from July to June 2014-15 and from July to June 2015-16.
- Your salon average weekly client count for the period requested (please note this is ‘clients’ not ‘services’. e.g. a client having both cut and colour services only counts as one in the client count).
- Your salon average bill for the periods requested.
- Your salon overall sales for the periods requested.
- Please give examples and evidence of what action you are taking to achieve your objective, and demonstrate how you are adopting innovative and creative strategies to achieve this?
- FOCUS ON PROFIT
- Give examples and evidence of how you ‘focus’ on profit, in your business.
- What is your profit target (express as a percentage)?
- What percentage profit did you achieve in the periods July to June 2014-15 and from July to June 2015-16?
- Please give reasons as to why you did or did not achieve your profit target (please be honest, not achieving your target will not, on its own, affect your chances of winning this award.)
- A COMMITTED TEAM
Please supply the following information:
- Examples and evidence of the communication structure within your salon.
- Examples of your company standards, how they link to your team objectives and how you communicate, monitor and enforce them.
- Evidence of your training programmes.
- Examples and evidence of the success generated by this training.
- Examples and evidence of the way you motivate your team.
- Examples and evidence of how this motivation has led to the achievement of your and your team’s objectives.
- DELIGHTED CUSTOMERS
Please supply the following information:
- Evidence of your customer delight standards.
- Evidence of how many new clients have visited the salon in the two successive periods July to June 2014-15 and from July to June 2015-16.
- Examples and evidence of customer delight initiatives.
- Examples and evidence of how you measure customer delight.
- Please include 3 verifiable testimonials from clients of the salon – verifiable by either mobile phone number or e-mail address.
- UNIQUE MARKETING
Please supply the following:
- Please describe your online marketing strategy and outline the key goals and objectives underlying this strategy.
- Examples and evidence of your marketing strategy over the last 12 months.
- Examples and evidence of how you measure your marketing activity.
- Examples and evidence of how your marketing is unique, innovative and creative.
Please note that all entries will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be viewed by the judging panel only. Please also note that all submissions will be destroyed after the awards ceremony. They will not be returned to you.
The ALFAPARF MILANO Fantastic Hairdresser Award
This business award rewards individual hairdressers working within the industry.
It recognises the immense passion, commitment, energy and focus required to become a leader in the hairdressing industry on the island of Ireland.
The aim of this award to recognise the excellence, commitment and passion of individual hairdressers working in the Hairdressing industry on the Island of Ireland.
This category is open to any individual hairdresser who has been qualified for at least 12 months on the 1st of July 2015. This award will be judged using the 7 characteristics of a Fantastic Hairdresser. Submissions must include the following headings:
Please tell us about yourself, your career, your passion for hairdressing and why you think you should win this award, in no more than 500 words.
- Give evidence of your average weekly client count.
- Give evidence of your weekly new client count.
- Give evidence of your weekly client request count.
- Give evidence of your weekly pre-booking figures.
Please give evidence of the following:
- Please give evidence of how many “perfect clients” you achieve per week.
- Please state if you don’t measure this in salon. If you don’t, please give evidence of:
- How many colour clients you achieve per week (if your salon uses technicians, please show how many of your clients would have a colour service), as a % of your client total?
- How many clients have a treatment per week, as a % of your client total.
- How many people buy a haircare product from you, as a % of your client total.
- Please include a submission from your salon owner as to why you are an ambassador for the salon and your industry, in no more than 400 words.
- Please tell us what you love about the haircare industry and what you think needs to change for it to improve.
- Please tell us about 3 people who inspire you and give reasons why -at least 2 should be from the hairdressing industry.
- What professional activities have you been involved in within the past12 months (shows, competitions, photographic sessions, etc).
- What was the nature of your involvement)?
- Please include 3 testimonials from your clients – verifiable by either mobile phone number or e-mail address.
- ALIVE INSIDE
Please give examples of how you motivate yourself consistently to succeed.
Please tell us what your future goals are for yourself within the industry, and give relevant examples or evidence of what you are doing to achieve these goals.
- ALWAYS LEARNING
- Please give evidence of any training courses and programmes attended in the last 12 months and tell us what you feel you achieved and learnt from them.
- Please indicate what training courses you will be attending in the next 6 months.
- Please tell us about any other courses, books, or other mediums you use to develop yourself – these do not have to be industry specific.
Please note that all entries will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be viewed by the judging panel only.
Please also note that all submissions will be destroyed after the awards ceremony. They will not be returned to you.